Friday, July 31, 2009

The First Goal Post

I'm shoring myself up to do a numbers post, but in the mean time I thought I'd post one of my big goals.

About 2.5 years ago, I had to begin taking 2 prescriptions for high blood pressure and strong palpitations. While I'm grateful and do believe they've saved my life, I feel that some less-than-desirable side effects have been insidiously growing. I know for a fact (I discussed it with my cardiologist) one of the medications caused a sort of pharmaceutical-induced asthma. Very distressing! And I feel I've slowly-become short-tempered, overly-fond of hyphens and my memory is just not what it was two years ago (and all the years leading up to then). I'm not a doctor, medical or otherwise, so this is all just conjecture. But, I know me. That's all I've got.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer...one of my Big Goals is to lose enough weight that at my next cardiology appointment (in November), the doc agrees to either lower my dosages or take me off the meds for good! I hate taking any kind of medications, but especially ones that I could've avoided had I been smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment